There are just over 65,000 children in care in England. Most of these children live in foster care but around 7% of them live in one of England’s 1,810 children’s homes. These children are three times more likely to run away from home than other children and an estimated 10,000 a year do just that. Children […]
Tag Archives: society
God has an opinion and cares about politics in the United Kingdom and that means Christians should too. This blog seeks to encourage Christians and Churches to engage with the contemporary issues we all face and to speak prophetically into the society in which we live.
This site is authored by Gillan Scott. You can learn more about Gillan and the thinking behind the blog on the ABOUT page.
Search the Blog
Follow via TwitterMy Tweets
- Ambivalence towards fatherhood has been a gross and costly error – why do we accept it? June 18, 2013
- An open letter to David Cameron June 15, 2013
- Why Tim Montgomerie is wrong and the Bishop of Leicester is right June 14, 2013
- The Wedding Angels – offering an alternative to wedding day debt June 12, 2013
- Another milestone reached… June 11, 2013
- Richard Barker: Thanks for bringing clarity to the situation Gilla...
- Liz: Didn't Swift come up with a similar solution to th...
- Gillan @ God and Politics in the UK: Thanks Gary. Apology accepted. I'm used to it, alt...
- Gary Crisp: Gillan, my apologies. I've just noticed that I hav...
- Graham Goldsmith: Is it about giving food in the first instance but ...
- June 2013 (11)
- May 2013 (19)
- April 2013 (13)
- March 2013 (20)
- February 2013 (13)
- January 2013 (17)
- December 2012 (10)
- November 2012 (16)
- October 2012 (15)
- September 2012 (17)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (16)
- June 2012 (20)
- May 2012 (27)
- April 2012 (18)
- March 2012 (27)
- February 2012 (17)
- January 2012 (12)
- December 2011 (11)
- November 2011 (1)